COVID has made Thanksgiving so different for many this year. Life is still not the same.
The COVID-19 prevention measures that include social distancing might leave our Thanksgiving tables less occupied.
Even though the CDC recommendations discourage family gatherings, we will provide you with the best Thanksgiving recipes for a small gathering while observing the COVID-19 prevention measures.
Whether you are hosting a small Thanksgiving dinner for two or a Thanksgiving gathering with more (but not a lot!) family members, these simple recipes will replenish your dinner table with mouth-watering meals essential for a small gathering.
Potatoes with Cream Cheese Recipe Mashed
Do you love mashed potatoes with cream cheese? If this is you, you are in the right place. This recipe will guide you in preparing delicious mashed potatoes with cream cheese.
Ingredients: Potatoes (russet or Yukon gold), two tablespoons butter, a cup of milk (you can also use cream), Garlic/seasonings (optional), salt, and pepper (to taste).
- Put potatoes in a medium pot. Add one tablespoon salt to the potatoes and bring to a boil. For about 35 minutes, simmer until the potatoes are tender.
- Drain the potatoes and let cool enough to handle. Peel off the skins by rubbing and then discard. Cut the potatoes (large pieces).
- Mix the potatoes, milk, cream cheese, a quarter of cream, and butter in a mixer bowl. Stir the ingredients vigorously until combined. Add salt and pepper, stir to desired taste.
- Place the mashed potatoes back to the pot at moderate heat. Add the remaining cream, keep stirring until they heat through.
- Your mashed potatoes are ready to serve.
Deep-fried Turkey may not be your first thought when you think of Thanksgiving. However, for those who love white meat, this is the right recipe for you.
Ingredients: 5 pounds ice, 6 quarts hot water, 1 pound kosher salt, 1 pound dark brown sugar, one turkey, with giblets removed, and about 4 to 4 ½ gallons peanut oil.
- Place the hot water, kosher salt, and brown sugar in a 5-gallon upright drink cooler.
- Stir until the mixture is cool. Gently lower the turkey into the container.
- Cover and put in a cool, dry place for 8 to 16 hours.
- Remove the turkey from the brine, rinse, and pat dry. Place the oil into a 28 to 30-quart pot and set over high heat.
- Bring the temperature to 250 degrees and lower the bird into the oil to 350 degrees.
- Allow the bird to rest for 30 minutes. Carve as desired.
- Your fried Turkey is ready; serve while hot.
Macaroni and Cheese
Macaroni and cheese is the perfect meal to please adults and kids at your Thanksgiving party.
Ingredients: 4 cups of dried macaroni, one whole egg, four tablespoon butter, 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, 2 ½ cups whole milk, two teaspoons mustard, salt, seasoned salt.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook the macaroni until still. Drain and set aside.
- Beat the egg in a small bowl. Melt the butter and sprinkle the flour.
- Whisk together over medium-low heat. Cook for a couple of minutes, then add milk, mustard, and whisk until smooth.
- Cook for about 5 minutes until thick. Reduce the heat to low.
- Take ¼ of the sauce and pour it slowly into the beaten egg. Whisk constantly to until smooth. Add cheese, ½ teaspoon salt, pepper, and ½ teaspoon seasoned salt.
- Pour in the drained, cooked macaroni and stir to combine. Serve immediately.
When your heart is filled with gratitude, there is little to complain or worry about. Thanksgiving is the holiday of peace and simple life. This article has provided you with the best recipe to follow while preparing food for a small family Thanksgiving gathering.
Need deep house cleaning services? Book now.