At the heart of our beautiful state beats the vibrant pulse of diverse cultures, authentic art, and dynamic century-old traditions. Nestled just next to the Rio Grande River, there’s no shortage of historic monuments, world class cuisine and inspiring ideas to be discovered while visiting Albuquerque. So while green sweep is busy getting your home clean and sparkling, get outside and go exploring! Take advantage of the free time you’ve given yourself since you don’t have to worry about anymore house cleaning. Here’s some places you could start your next adventure:
- Albuquerque Museum of Art and History – Located at the edge of Old Town, the museum offers an in-depth look at the detailed past of our beloved city. Boasting a spectacular collection of cultural items that are nearly half a century old such as suits of Spanish armor and historic wood carvings, the museum also hosts traveling and temporary exhibits.
- The ABQ Biopark – Not far from Old Town, the ABQ BioPark is home to the Albuquerque Aquarium, the Rio Grande Botanical Gardens, the Rio Grande Zoo, and Tingley Beach. With its expansion and upgrades of the past decade, the zoo has become a premiere destination hosting hundreds of species (many endangered) and one awesome playground. The aquarium is perfect for kids interested in sharks, while the botanical garden is a lush environment to discover butterflies and other insects. Tingley Beach has three designated fishing ponds open to the public and pedal boats for rent. This is an excellent place for an all-day family outing.
- As one of the best-known architectural landmarks in the region, the KiMo Theatre sits in the heart of downtown Albuquerque and stands alone as a majestic and historic treasure unlike any other. Enjoy plays, movies, dance performances and a variety of other live events. Explore the rich historical significance of the theatre while on a free tour!
- Push past your comfort zone and try something new and adrenaline fueled! At MST Adventures, you’ll grow a new appreciation for the great outdoors through a variety of outdoor adventures for all skill levels. Whether you decide to paddleboard down the Rio Grande, steer a kayak across it or bike the trails surrounding it there’s something for everyone of all ages and skill levels to enjoy.
- While they might not be as tall or as widely known as the Colorado Rockies, our Sandia Mountains which frame our eastern skyline are impossible to overlook, literally. At just over 10,000 feet the rugged summit offers a superior view of hundreds of miles in every direction including the beautiful sprawl of our city below. The Sandia Peak Tramway offers a breathtaking 15-minute ride up the to the top where once there, you can eat at Ten 3, enjoy the Sandia Tram Gift shop or forge your own path on one of over 100 hiking trails nestled in the Cibola National Forest.
These are only a few of the incredible activities and attractions you can find in and around Albuquerque. If you have your own that you’d like to share with us, drop it in the comments below! If you’re struggling as to when you might find the time to enjoy these yourself, start by giving us a call at 505-414-7887 and consider giving up your house cleaning chores for good! We love to clean, and we know you’ll love always having a pristine clean house without ever having to lift a finger again. Find us Facebook to read some of our stellar reviews from our clients and pictures of our work.
When you use our cleaning services, you’ll have a lot more time to get out and enjoy Albuquerque.